Maintain Your Home with Housing Services in Utah
As a HUD approved comprehensive housing counseling agency, we provide housing services to help you achieve your homeownership goals, maintain your current housing, and/or help prevent foreclosure.
To begin your counseling, click here to complete our confidential worksheet online. If you prefer, you can obtain a paper copy of the worksheet that can be filled out and then mailed, emailed, faxed, or delivered to our office. To obtain this paper copy, you can either print the worksheet or contact us to request a copy.
Loan Modification or Foreclosure Prevention Counseling
FGC can assist you with loss mitigation tools, including short sale and forbearance agreements, to avoid foreclosure. If you are confused about the various government foreclosure prevention programs, or you just want to learn more about them, please contact our office today to set up an appointment to meet with one of our certified consumer credit and housing counselors.
Reverse Mortgage Counseling
FGC has HUD certified reverse mortgage counselors to provide the required reverse mortgage counseling throughout the United States to seniors considering a reverse mortgage.
To qualify for a reverse mortgage you must:
- Be 62 years of age or older
- Own the property outright or paid-down a considerable amount
- Occupy the property as your principal residence
- Not be delinquent on any federal debt
- Have financial resources to continue to make timely payment of ongoing property charges such as property taxes, insurance and Homeowner Association fees, etc.
- Participate in a consumer information session given by a HUD- approved HECM counselor